A new web site was set up for the
calcurse project and the current
page was kept for historical reasons but is not updated anymore. Here is the link
to the new
Some users have commented on their use of
The following are unsolicited comments from e-mails I received.
These comments are reported here with the authorization of their
Des utilisateurs m'ont fait part de leurs impressions sur
calcurse. Les temoignages qui suivent
proviennent de courriers électroniques non sollicités.
Ces temoignages sont reportés avec l'autorisation de leur auteur.
- Jonathan, from USA, on November 28, 2010:
I just wanted to write a quick mail to say thank you for working on
calcurse. I just recently discovered it and have been really
enjoying it ever since. I have been using Mozilla Sunbird but am
thrilled to be able to use this clean program instead from my
server. Thank you.
- Udo, from Germany, on November 8, 2010:
just want to say, that the Calcurse is a very nice, smart and useful tool. :-)
- Jonathan, from USA, on July 19, 2010:
"I'm new to Linux and have just installed Calcurse, and I can already
tell your program's going to be quite useful! Great work!"
- Lukas, from Germany, on January 11, 2010:
"First of all, thanks a lot for that great piece of software...
I have been using calcurse quite a lot and it really facilitates managing my
appointments. Good work!"
- Michael, from Germany, on June 26, 2009:
"many thanks for writing calcurse, it's totally brilliant."
- Eric, from Rochester USA, on March 29, 2009:
"Thank you so much for writing calcurse! It is an excellent program, I
use it daily, and it has helped me work more efficiently."
- Glenn, from USA, on March 9, 2009:
"calcurse is an elegant, fun to use calendar/organizer for those of us who
don't think big bloated GUIs are a panacea. bravo!"
- Dion, from Malaysia, on February 6, 2009:
"I would like to thank you for creating the program Calcurse.
It is truly an amazing application"
- Jan, from Czech Republic, on December 15, 2008:
"calcurse deserves the reputation of one of the most useful and clean
tools in the open-source"
- Bill, from Taiwan, on November 26th, 2008:
"I love calcurse. Many thanks for this great little app.
I use it on all my Ubuntu machines. It is far more useful than any
other organizer program I know (and I have tried many)."
- Sakari, from Finland, on October 12, 2008:
"Thanks for this handy little app, I've been looking for
something like this for a long time!"
- Stefano, from Italia, on January 30, 2008:
"Thank you for this nice software and compliments.
I find it interesting thanks to its simplicity and superfast usage, despite
various other calendars/organizers diffused today."
- Tony, from UK, on February 28, 2007:
"I downloaded calcurse after reading about it in Linux Format magazine.
I like calcurse a lot. Thank you for creating it."
- Piotr, from Poland, on December 17, 2006:
"Thanks for developing such a great piece of software!"
- Farid, from Iran, on October 29, 2006:
"Its a great piece of software that I will use on a daily basis-
fits me perfectly!"
- Christoph M., from Germany, on August 30, 2006:
"Keep on working - I like your software and it's useful!"
- Travis P., from Idaho, USA, on July 26, 2006:
"Great work on calcurse! It seems to be the best application of its
kind for the console."
- Vaclav K., from Czech Republic, on June 21, 2006:
"Really nice piece of software. It is the first console calendar which
suits me well."
- Steffen W., from Germany, on May 8, 2006:
"Calcurse is the best text-based organizer that I seen. I use it
at work and still at home to manage all dates and todos.
- Søren O., from Denmark, on Apr. 4, 2006:
"I am a happy user of calcurse. It suits my needs very well and I greatly
appreciate you taking the time to maintain it."
- Markus W., from Germany, on Mar. 18, 2006:
"Thanks for calcurse - quite a nice tool! :)
keep up the good work"
- Mikhael G., from USA, on Oct. 31, 2005:
"I find calcurse very good, promissing program, thank you."
- Joe B., from Arbovale, USA, on Oct. 30, 2005:
"Thanks for posting the calcurse program. Simple is
- Uwe S., from Germany, on Sep. 30, 2005:
"Thanks for creating calcurse. For somebody like me being
most of the time in a shell, it is a wonderful tool to store appointments."
- Kevin C., from Connecticut, USA, on Sep. 13, 2005:
"I just gave calcurse a try and am quite impressed. Nice looking and
easy to navigate."
- JAC, from Minneapolis, MN, USA, on Sep. 11, 2005:
"Thank you very much for making calcurse available. I am starting to
play with it now and it seems like something that will be really
helpful to me and to a lot of people."